Thursday, January 24, 2008



This is the daffodil pouch from Omiyage by Kumiko Sudo. It's my first project* from the book, and I'm pretty pleased. I put the blue ribbon on just to see how the thing would look, intending to make some bias strips from the orange fabric for the final product, but Robin saw, admired, and laid claim to the pouch as it was and I was glad to give it to him. He is using it to keep his watch and charm bracelet when he's not wearing them, and it's just the right size. My children are gratifying gift-recipients because they're genuinely and inordinately pleased with even the smallest handmade gifties. I do wish they'd take better care of their things, but I'm ashamed to say they don't have as good an example of care-taking as they ought to from their parents. Ahem. They'll improve along with Justin and me, I hope!

*I've also made the fortune-catcher and am currently stumped by the 'pretty princess paperweight'.

Dinner tonight: Spaghetti and Meatballs -- yummy!

1 comment:

Piroska said...

I love your daffodil pouch, so bright and cheerful! I've made a few things from Omiyage and I find sometimes the instructions are a bit vague...But I love the Boy Acrobat pattern, I made ones for my two nieces and they really liked them.